Thai Education Visa

If you are a long-term visitor to Thailand, then you will understand the hassle of all those visa runs, but with an Thai Education Visa they will be a thing of the past.
After receiving your first 90 Days Thai Education Visa from an Embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand, you will get an extension that lasts one year.
This extension can be re-applied for after the first year and it may be possible to stay for five years while you study Thai language at A New Language School Koh Samui.
This course is recommended for people who want to stay in Thailand for a year or more.
The course is planned for 200 hours over the period of one year, which equates to 4 hours of teaching each week and time off for public holidays.
By the end of only one year, you will be able to read, write and speak Thai with a large degree of accuracy and fluency and know a lot more about Thai people and their history.
Learning Thai while visiting Thailand for a long time, is a great way to immerse yourself in Thailand customs, traditions and everyday live.
Our Thai Education Visa course covers all our Thai Language Courses

Option 1 :  1 year ED Visa. Learn Thai 200 hours.

Option 2 :  1 year ED Visa. Learn Thai 100 hours.

The process and regulations for option 1 and 2:

Step 1 :  The applicants fill in the ED Visa application forms and submit to our school together with the following:
1.    4 copies of your passport with every stamped page.
2.    4 copies of departure card.
3.    12 photos size 2″ white background.
4.    Copy of the certificate of education.
5.    Copy a statement of bank account.

Step 2 :   The school will submit the application documents to the Ministry of Education for approval. This process will take 3-4 weeks.

Step 3 :  After the applicants’ documents are approved by Ministry of Education, the school will contact the applicant to pick up the approved document from the school before your current visa expires.

Step 4 :  The applicant will take the approved documents to obtain an Education Visa with a Thai Consulate or Embassy located outside of Thailand.

Step 5 :  After ED visa is issued from a Thai Consulate or Embassy you have to start to study Thai within 1 week and give us :
1.    Copy of  ED Visa page.
2.    Copy of departure card.

Step 6 :  The school will send the documents from step 5 to the Ministry of Education again for them to process the documents for immigration.

Step 7 :  You take the documents to Nathon immigration before your visa expires and they will issue your Thailand Education Visa One Year Extension for learning Thai in Koh Samui.

Step 8 :  Every 90 days, go to stamp the visa at Nathon immigration and pay fee 1,900 baht.

Special circumstances: You can apply for an ED visa in Thailand, no need to leave the country. Please call us for more information.

After one year all students are eligible to extend their period of study at the school yearly for up to five years. If they choose to do this, the school will prepare the required documents and there is no requirement for them to leave Thailand during this process.

If you need to travel outside of Thailand during your study period you can apply for a multiple entry visa from the embassy or consulate or for unexpected departure reason you can obtain a re-entry permit from immigration.

For more information about our Thai learning courses and our One Year Education Visa please don’t hesitate to contact us for a friendly chat at A New Language School Koh Samui on 077-426981  Mobile: 0873862198 or e-mail: